With the recent announcement that the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration only accepts IELTS UKVI, non-native English speakers who are applying for a visa in the UK should be kept informed about these changes. The International English Language Testing System (IELS) have long been the trusted English proficiency examination by the UK. The IELTS UKVI should be presented by applicants as their requirement. What is the UKVI?
The IELTS UKVI is basically the same with the IELTS test. The exam’s content and band scores are the same. The difference people will see is that the Test Result Form in IELTS UKVI has a CEFR level which cannot be found in the IELTS test. Also, the test can only be taken in test centers acknowledged by the UKVI. Other test centers will not be honored. Finally, it is a little expensive compared to the IELTS test.
A lot of people are wondering whether the UKVI is difficult to pass. The answer is no, given that the candidate has given a lot of time for him or her to practice for the IELTS UKVI. What can candidates do to pass the IELTS UKVI examination? Here are some ways on how one can excel the IELTS UKVI.
· Enjoy reading. Most candidates can get a low score in the reading examination. This is because reading passages can be pretty lengthy and complicated. However, it is a great need for people to pass the reading test. For starters, IELTS UKVI test takers can start browsing any English reading material. In this way, they can practice how to read articles and understand them in the long run.
· Learn different strategies for the examination. In the reading test, one must develop a skill in skimming and scanning. With this, the IELTS UKVI test taker will not have a hard time understanding the main idea in the reading. He or she will not have to read everything saving him or her time in the test.
· Listening skills should be developed. This skill is best applicable in listening and speaking test. Candidates should understand spoken English as they need to communicate with other people once they go to the UK.
· Improve vocabulary. Expressing oneself in speaking and writing is done best with the appropriate words in responses. Always build a good vocabulary bank to show variety of words in responses. These responses make speaking more interesting and essays more elaborate. Avoid repeating the same word more than twice in your responses. Poor vocabulary means poor English skills.
· Find someone you can talk with English comfortably. It is important to build confidence in speaking English. There are other people who are good at English but too shy to speak in front of a native speaker. Having a speaking partner will motivate the IELTS UKVI candidate to better communication skills and boost his or her confidence in speaking English.
· Review on IELTS UKVI review centers. IELTS UKVI review centers provide their students with practice and lessons to develop their English skills. Also, coaches give out comments and feedback on how one can better their strengths and work harder on their weaknesses.
Passing the IETS UKVI is a piece of cake. IELTS UKVI candidates should put a great deal of effort in studying and reviewing their English skills to be IELTS UKVI ready.
Speaking well in English means to know the right vocabulary to use in communication. When one is successful to express his or her idea orally, then we can say that he or she is a good communicator in English. The usage of English is important in working and in school. Furthermore, it has been used as a requirement for individuals who wish to work or study in English speaking countries. The IELTS or the International English Language Testing System examination is needed.
One section of the IELTS test that most Filipinos are apprehensive is the speaking section. Many candidates are always advised to choose their vocabulary in their responses. Additionally, it would be best for IELTS candidates to make use of phrasal verbs in their responses. What are phrasal verbs?
Phrasal verbs are considered idiomatic phrase that is composed of a verb and a participle. They give a new meaning to the sentence once it is used. Here are some useful phrasal verbs, their definitions, and sample sentences.
· Hang Out
To spend a relaxing time with someone
On weekends, I usually hang out with my brother. We play computer games at home, and once we get tired, we play the guitar and sing.
My friends used to hang out with me, but since we had a fight, I seldom see them.
· Come Across
To find something in an unexpected manner
While I was searching for books in the library, I came across this book about languages.
I came across a folder in my documents which has all my school certification.
· Give Up
To stop doing something Examples:
My uncle gave up smoking since he was diagnosed with lung cancer.
The athlete was about to give up, but the people’s cheer made him continue the race.
· Cut Down
To reduce something
Mrs. Lee needs to cut down with her sugar intake.
The budget for the plan has been cut down by the management due to some unknown reasons.
· Find Out
Through the series of test, I found out that I am a patient yet perfectionist type of person.
She found out that her husband was cheating on him.
· Eat Away
To gradually destroy
Some TV programs eat away the minds of the younger generation.
The strong current of the flood eat away the foundation near the cliffs.
· See Though
To finish something despite difficulties
My parents were able to see me through college through their hard work.
The team were able to see through the project.
· Settle On
To make a decision
After a month long of consideration, the principal settled on the new proposal.
She settled on the job in the academy.
· Point Out
The reading points out several details about greenhouse effect.
She points out the advantages and disadvantages of the marketing plan.
· Take Away
I can remember my father taking away my toys since I failed my math subject.
The men took away the prisoners and lead them into a room.
Once used successfully in the sentence, your responses will sound better for the IELTS speaking. Be careful with phrasal verbs. Study them well and practice using them in your –day-to-day conversations.
There are some changes in taking the IELTS or the International English Language Testing System examination (IELTS) that non-native English speakers such as Filipinos who are interested in applying for a visa in the United Kingdom. The changes in the Secure English Language Tests (SELTs) include the IELTS test for UK Visas and Immigration and IELTS Life Skills. What are these new changes all about?
The IELTS Life Skills is taken by individuals who are in need to prove their fluency in speaking and listening skills at Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) levels A1 or B1. The IELTS Exam for UKVI is the same with the existing IELTS exam. It still has the two modules – Academic and General Training. The exam’s content, examiners, format and level of difficulty are the same with the IELTS exam of non-UKVI applicants. However, applicants have to make sure that they are registered in a UKVI approved test center. It is very important for you to know the target scores that you need before taking the test. Ask your agency or the school you are applying for their score requirements.
The IELTS for UKVI Academic test is mostly taken by individuals who wish to study undergraduate or postgraduate courses. These are for individuals who are seeking professional registration in the UK. The General Training under IELTS for UKVI is for individuals who are going to migrate to the UK or going to study on a below degree level. The Academic Module and General Training are suitable for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 4 UK Visas and Immigration applications.
Here are the things that you need to do in booking for an IELTS for UKVI test.
1. A completed application form for the IELTS for UKVI. Make sure all necessary information are filled.
2. Prepare the necessary documents: a valid ID (a passport is recommended) and 2 copies of your latest ID photograph. The ID to be presented on the examination day should be the same with the one used upon registration.
3. Payments can be done online or in person. You visit any local British Council or IDP offices in your areas. It is also possible to complete the registration process in IELTS review centers. These centers are also authorized registration agents for the IELTS for UKVI. The IELTS for UKVI in the Philippines cost PHP 14, 835 for bot Academic and General Training. The IELTS Life Skills test costs at PHP 11,125.
4. The test centers in the Philippines are in Crown Plaza Hotel in Manila and Radisson Blu Hotel in Cebu City.
5. If you need any special arrangements in taking the examination, it should be indicated upon registrations to avoid problems on the exam day.
What the candidates need to do is to prepare for the examination. Though the exam’s content does not have any difference from the existing IELTS test, it is still best to come in the test prepared and ready. Reviews are available in different IELTS review centers nationwide.
Everybody is familiar with distant learning programs offered by some university and colleges. From the time this kind of program was launched, many individuals took advantage of it and discovered the benefits of studying their graduate or post-graduate studies online. This is where the online IELTS review got the idea of offering quality IELTS training online.
There has been a great importance emphasized in taking an IELTS review course. The IELTS or the International English Language Testing System examination has been taken by a lot of Filipinos for many years now. The reason for this is that the IELTS has been made a requirement by many English speaking countries as a requirement for visa applications. Having an IELTS certificate is a proof that an individual can understand and use the English language, assuring his or her success and productivity in the country he or she is applying for.
Many IELTS review centers operate and offer different review programs in the Philippines. Class schedules are conveniently arranged to have most of the students available for the classes. However, not all students can make it to class due to their hectic schedules or their locations are quite distant from the review centers. It is with this predicament that online IELTS review classes have been offered.
Online IELTS review is the answer to people who want to study for the IELTS but has few complications to attend classes in review centers. What are some benefits one can get from enrolling in an IELTS review course program?
• Flexible schedules
Since the classes are online, the possibility of choosing classes that depend on your availability is possible. It is now much easier to manage your time. You can choose to study in the morning or in the late afternoon. Class schedules are given beforehand so that you can take note of the classes you can attend.
There is no need to leave the house and spend money on fare. With the online IELTS review classes, you can have your classes right at home. You can wear anything comfortable, even not take a shower. All you need is your computer and a good Internet connection to make the class possible.
• One-on-one Coaching
If you are someone who has difficulty catching up with the lesson in a big group, the online IELTS program is perfect for you. Some students do not have the opportunity to ask questions in a group class since they are shy and do not want to get embarrassed in class. With a one-on-on coaching, you can ask anything that you want to understand in your lessons.
• Real time feedback
There is no need to wait for a week to know your strengths and weaknesses. Instructors directly give their comments on things you need to improve in your English skills.
What the students are learning online are just the same with the lessons in a classroom setting. The online IELTS course program is the best way in preparing for the IELTS that you can do right at your own convenience.