Candidates for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination have always been reminded to register to the examination months before the desired date of the examination. Slots for the IELTS examination can easily be filled up – both in IDP and British Council – as the number of Filipino test takers has been growing every month. Early registration can be an advantage for the candidates as they can have enough time to practice their skills and attend review programs for the IELTS examination. In addition, registering months before the target test date is also beneficial once candidates have decided to reschedule their examinations.
A refund is given to those who have rescheduled their examination if they have given enough proof that they are not able to take that examination on that day. Here are some cases that are considered:
- Death of a close family member: provided with a death certificate
- Illness – hospital admission or to be on a medical treatment provided with a medical certificate
- Victim of a crime or serious trauma
- Military service for those people whose country requires men to undergo such training like Korea
- Loss of visa or ID to be presented on the test day (government issued IDs)
- Visa cancellation