Maximizing your IELTS preparation period is the key to achieving your band score goals. One of the most effective ways to study for the exam is by enrolling in an excellent IELTS review center. These training facilities, such as the IELTS review center in Cebu, provide comprehensive courses that cover all the aspects of the four test components.
IELTS review center instructors know the various ins and outs of the exam. They utilize up-to-date training materials and mock tests to help you acclimate to the demands of the high-stakes exam. Furthermore, the teachers of the IELTS review center in Cebu can assess your review progress and suggest adjustments in your study practices.
For instance, they can assign shorthand exercises to help you elevate your writing rate for the Listening component. Given its straightforward approach, many examinees tend to underestimate the IELTS listening test. However, it takes more than just a good ear to excel in this assessment.
Here are some tips to help you ace the IELTS listening examination:
How to identify the answers immediately
- Read the questions before listening to the audio materials. Do not use the small interval between sections to recheck your answers.
- Predict your answers based on the details presented in the questions.
- Encircle or underline keywords and phrases.
- Track down the questions with a finger or a pen while you listen.
- Learn how to multitask: listen, read, and take note of answers.
- Do not jot down everything you hear. It will not only distract you from listening but also increase the chances of missing some of the recordings.
- Remember that the answers are mentioned in the recording in the same order that they are required in the questionnaire. If you ever lose track of the audio material, let the questions guide you.
- Jot down the answer as soon as you identify it. Use the margins of your questionnaire.
- Double check your answers’ spellings, capitalizations, number usage, and word count.
- Listen for last-minute changes in the recorded conversations. Sometimes, speakers tend to change their minds halfway through discussions and contradict their previous claims or decision.
- Do not leave any blanks. In the IELTS exam, scores are based on your correct answers alone. Mistakes will not deduct points from your results, so answer all the questions to the best of your knowledge.
Finish your IELTS listening test on a high note. Follow the tips mentioned above and take a step closer to reaching your band score goals.
- "IELTS Listening tips." DC IELTS. Accessed March 2, 2017. http://www.dcielts.com/ielts-listening/10-tips-for-listening/
- "Listening test advice." Take IELTS British Council. Accessed March 2, 2017. http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-your-test/test-day-advice/listening-test-advice
- "IELTS Listening Tips." IELTS Buddy. Accessed March 2, 2017. http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/ielts-listening-tips.html